Get out your favorite version of the Holy Scriptures and turn to 2 Chronicles 7:14







Monday, August 31, 2015

Sometimes repetition is necessary.

It's only been a few days since I last wrote on 2 Chronicles 7:14. But more has happened. Much more.

There seems to be a movement starting. I don't know if it originated in Tyler, Texas or not. But that's where we first heard of it.

To do a little back-tracking on my recent post., I'd like to reiterate that the Scripture is written not to a nation - but to the people in that nation who call themselves by the name of God.

It apparently makes no difference to God whether they be in the majority or the minority. He's not expecting them to change anyone else. Just themselves.  "If the people who call themselves by My name" will humble themselves . . .

That realization puts the whole new light on things. I'm only required to turn from my wicked ways, and you from yours. And we are required to pray. God has promised to handle the rest. But it has to be more than just you and me.  "My people" - all of us need to unite in prayer and repentance.

This brings me to the movement I spoke of earlier. The time 7:14 comes  twice a day. We as Christians are being asked to stop what we are doing at least once a day at 7:14 to pray for our nation. If you can manage the morning and the evening "shift" all the better.

Not just a token prayer. But a heartfelt prayer from deep within your spirit, asking God to heal our nation. God loves corporate prayer. He loves to hear all of His people beseeching Him as a family. And He listens to His family and He will answer

God does not lie. So the ball is in our court. If we keep our end of the bargain, He will keep His. So spread this word to every Christian you know. We need to spend less time putting down the "other side" and more time lifting God. Take is seriously, and convince others to take it seriously. Pray expecting, not just hoping.

The future of our nation depends on us. The family of God.

No comments: