Get out your favorite version of the Holy Scriptures and turn to 2 Chronicles 7:14







Sunday, August 23, 2015

A NEW DAY, A NEW DAWNING (This blog site remodeled for your improved enjoyment)

It's been so long since I've posted to this blog, I'm not sure anyone will see it. But I must write it in order to give this new day a dawning. (I'm having a little trouble navigating the site. Bear with me. It will all come back ,. . . sooner or later)

There's nothing more boring than reading about illness and hospitalization . . . so I'll keep that part as brief as possible.
 
So far, 2015 has been nothing but a blur. I can't remember what, if anything, I accomplished in January and February. And I'm not just saying that. It's the truth. I carelessly tripped on a wire and fell on Feb. 22.  Broke my hip.  I spent February 23 to March 18 in the hospital and rehab, and when I got home, I had no idea where I'd left off.
 
I spent those 24 days, first in a state of oblivion, which progressed into a sort of euphoria, and finally settled into contentedness. I had no responsibilities other than to eat, sleep, and perform an hour's worth of "torture" at the hands of the therapists each day. Staff made my bed and brought my meals.
 
I developed a playful relationship with the therapy staff, pretending to hide when they came after me. I made friends with roommates, therapists, nurses, and administrative staff. Some of whom I've kept in close contact. And I'm sure they will always be a part of my life.
 
I never turned on my TV (And was blessed with two different roommates who didn't either.) So, I spent a lot of time reading and praying. And mentally cataloging those things I'd neglected. (One of which was my blog.) And unlike everyone else there, who couldn't wait to be released, I was a little sad when it came time to leave.
 
Maybe partly because I knew what to expect when I got home.
 
Twenty-four days  of work, piled on my desk. Not to mention the backlog that was there before I left. Since that day I've been catching up in sort of a robotic mode. And I can - at last - see the light at the end of the tunnel. (I sure hope it's not a train.)
 
So, here on the 235th day of 2015, I'm beginning anew. Starting with my blog.
 
I'm not changing the name, because it's a constant reminder to me - and hopefully to those who read it - that we can take no comfort in the ways of the world. And we are safe only in the arms of Jesus.
 
But I'm changing my style to include many eclectic subjects about which I 've wanted to write, but didn't seem to fit my self-imposed pattern.
 
No more self-imposed pattern. Whatever God lays on my heart . . . I will lay on you, my readers. Sometimes it may even be a recipe. (But not for Devil's Food Cake. LOL)

I know some folks will be curious about the change of featured covers. I'll explain that, too.
 
Right now I'd like to write about a certain verse of scripture that's posted on FB with abandon. What it means and what I used to think it meant. But I've kept you pretty long already today. So, I'll save it for tomorrow.
 
Be blessed.
 
   
 
 

No comments: