Get out your favorite version of the Holy Scriptures and turn to 2 Chronicles 7:14







Monday, November 5, 2012

Jehovah Shalom

God is peace.

Jehovah Shalom.

He can speak to a heart that's in turmoil, but He doesn't live in a heart that's full of turmoil.

I turned on the TV this morning to be greeted by a clip of "the opponent." I've been so steeped in politics these last few weeks that I immediately went into "fight mode." But the Scriptures tell me the battle is His. I've done everything I can to support my side, which those who know me know is the conservative, pro-life, pro-God side. I want to see unborn babies saved, school prayer restored, and America turning back to God.

However, the election is upon us. And the time has come to keep my mouth shut and my spirit in prayer. I've joined a group who has pledged to pray and fast until at least Tuesday evening. And I'm determined to not let anything even relatively negative to get in the way of my prayers. God is in control.

Acts 17:30 tells us . . . "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all everywhere should repent."

Ignorance? Does that include us, the believers? What do we have to repent of?

For starters, we let the enemy trample on our core beliefs and take away some of our most precious liberties while we were busy doing something else and not paying attention. That's apathy. And that's our greatest sin where America is concerned. True we're getting the picture now . . . but we should have never let the enemy get his toe in the door.

But God is willing to OVERLOOK our times of ignorance. What a mighty God we serve!

Things of the world will try to keep you too busy to pray during this all-important time. And self-pride will tell you that you have absolutely nothing to repent of.

These are Satan's offerings. Don't accept them. The battle is real.

2 comments:

Linda Yezak said...

I'm with you. I immediately go into battle mode when I watch political news. I don't like what all this is doing to me.

I'll be in prayer until all the votes are in and longer. Whoever God places as the leader of our nation, He has a reason.

Lynne Wells Walding said...

Amen, Linda. I think such stress is bad for our health. That's why I've determined that until it's over it will be just "me and God" discussing the election. And if He wants a different result than I'm praying for . . . we gotta know, things are still going according to His plan.