Get out your favorite version of the Holy Scriptures and turn to 2 Chronicles 7:14







Friday, September 7, 2012

I Stand Corrected - A Bonus Post

It's not Sunday, yet, but this is important enough that I must insert a "Friday Post" this week.

In Wednesday's post I said, "Some Christians are pro-choice. DOES NOT COMPUTE."

Then I was reminded via a FaceBook post by a dear friend in the ministry that once we have given our hearts to Jesus, short of turning our backs on Him and renouncing our faith, we are His.

We will reign forever with Him in glory. To paraphrase her statement, "There are consequences here on earth to the sins we commit after accepting Him as our Lord and Savior, but they do not prevent us from being in His presence for eternity."

do stand in my belief that the Bible confirms abortion to be a sin.

However, we all commit sins on a daily basis. Some minute . . . some huge. God still loves us unconditionally. It breaks His heart when a Christian sins . . . but He does not disown us. Anymore than you would disown your child who is sinning. If a mortal parent's love is unconditional. Think how much more the Heavenly Father's love is unconditional.

Let me change my statement to say - I don't understand how a Christian could be pro-choice, given what God has to say about the unborn in the Bible. But some are . . . and it's our duty to pray their eyes will be opened to the truth.

Because we know who it is that wants to hide the truth from them, don't we?

No comments: