Get out your favorite version of the Holy Scriptures and turn to 2 Chronicles 7:14







Friday, September 25, 2015

Sixty-thousand words . . .

Time flies.

I took a few days off without even realizing the time was passing. Sorry. It's been a traumatic week in a way. And a wonderful week in another way.

You see, I was working on novel #4. It's been written for some time.(Finished before I broke my hip in February) After I got home from rehab, I had a very difficult time getting my act together. Didn't feel like doing anything. When I did finally come around, I realized if I was to keep my goal of a novel a year, I'd better get in high gear rewriting and editing my novel, because 2015 is quickly coming to an end.

I struggled. Man, how I struggled. The novel, which seemed so ingenious while I was writing it, had turned on me. The one thing I must achieve with every novel I write . . . it must be God-honoring. While I wasn't looking . . .  this novel became dark. Try as I may to rewrite scenes, and hone character's personalities - I couldn't get past the darkness.

I prayed about it. At length. And I asked my husband to pray.

We both heard the same thing. If it was not totally God-honoring, and apparently no amount of effort was going to make it so, "Trash it." the Lord said. "Start from scratch."

It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I mean, I'd put many hours into that novel. But I have a commitment to God. He expects me to give Him all the glory in every novel I write.

So . . . I deleted 60,000 words with one flick of the wrist.

It's only three months until the end of the year, and I have no novel for 2015. Not even 100 words, You know what? I'm not going to fret about it. I might write two in 2016. Or not!

One thing I'm not going to do, and that's let Satan steal my joy. Because I'm following God's orders.

The battle is real!

No comments: