Get out your favorite version of the Holy Scriptures and turn to 2 Chronicles 7:14







Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Polyurethane

Today I finished a new back for a clock my son Billy's repairing. (He's a clocksmith)  The back had been damaged in shipment.

Matched the stain to a "T". Stained and polyurethaned it to perfection. And then I looked down at the open can of polyurethane and my stained hands. And said to myself "Why not?"

Four window facings, one gift "love" box, and a quilt stand later I looked down at the almost empty can and my really, really stained-up hands. And said to myself. "Ah yes, now I remember why not. I have a very important appointment tomorrow, and my fingernails look like I just overhauled a tractor engine.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day soaking my hands in Dawn and raiding my bag of Dove.

Hardly a day passes that God doesn't put a song or a Scripture on my heart. Today was no exception. He gave me one of my favorites.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
Lean not to your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.
Do not be wise in your own eyes.
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
It will mean health to your flesh and strength to your bones.

Every line (and I do stop to absorb each line) applies to me at one time or another.

I do forget sometimes to trust in Him and Him alone.
Because I do often lean on my own understanding. (Or that of someone else.)
I sometimes forget to acknowledge Him in all things.
And God knows, at times I think I know it all.
Well, I DO fear Him (reverential awe) but I'm not always as innocent as I might be.

God help me to live Your word, because if I remember to do all those things, You have promised me health and strength. Hallelujah!




No comments: