Get out your favorite version of the Holy Scriptures and turn to 2 Chronicles 7:14







Sunday, July 22, 2012

Does God Hear our Prayers?

I awoke one day recently with God's commands on my heart. I had a job to do and I wanted to do it in accordance with His word. So I asked Him . . . "I know You require integrity, but what else do You require of me to do this job in such a manner as to receive Your blessings?"

His answer wasn't immediate, but before I arose to start my day, He'd laid on my heart the word "compassion." Nothing more . . . just one word . . . compassion. It seemed too simple. I'd expected some complicated instructions. I showered and put on my makeup, rolling the words over and over on my tongue. Integrity and compassion.

Integrity in the business world is, to a certain extent, required to stay out of trouble with the law. But compassion is from the heart and isn't regulated. Not by man's law. But if I'm to believe what I feel I heard from the Lord . . . it is required by Him.

I poured a cup of coffee and sat down to read the morning paper.

I don't remember the day of the week, but it must have been a Saturday, because I turned to the "Religion" section of our local newspaper. A small article was featured in the lower right hand corner of page three. I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the subject matter. "What does God require of Christian business people?"

The referenced Scripture was Micah; 6:8:  He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, (Integrity) to love kindness (compassion) and to walk humbly with  your God?

Coincidence? There are no coincidences with God. Before you ask . . . beloved . . . before you ask He knows what's on your heart.

The battle is real; and God is the Winner!







No comments: