Get out your favorite version of the Holy Scriptures and turn to 2 Chronicles 7:14







Thursday, February 23, 2012

2012 - A Year for Goal-Setting

So far, 2012 has been a year of goal-setting-and-goal meeting. I made the deadline with "Whom He May Devour" and sent it off into cyber-land. Now it's a case of hurry up and wait. But that's okay. I can use a little time off.

Did I say time off? No such thing . . . not in 2012. September 2012 is the slated publishing date of "Handful of Demons", and I'm hitting it hard working with two wonderful ladies on interior design and cover design. It's one of those situations where whatever needs to be done, there's something else that has to be done first. But with their gentle guidance, I think I'll make it through.

Speaking of goals, I set one for myself to lose 10 pounds. It's not going as fast as I'd hoped, but I'm getting closer. At least I'm going the right direction.

Satan raises his ugly head from time to time and tells me I should be sitting on the porch in a rocking chair enjoying life. "You've earned it," he says in a cajoling voice. "Yeah, yeah," I say back to him. "Wouldn't you just be tickled pink if we all sat back and stopped spreading the bad word about you and your plans for us?"

Christians can't afford to take it easy. Not in this world. We'll get plenty of rest in the next. For now, we need to be out there talking about Jesus and exposing Satan for what he is.

The battle is real . . .

No comments: